Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mostly about Bess...

Another glorious morning....what an amazing summer! I do love Dundas and our balcony where we look into the deep green of trees, see and hear a variety of birds and from where Bess guards her territory with diligence. We hear little deep throated growls if anyone dares to walk on the trails below...queen of all she surveys.

We have been adding up Bess's vocabulary and it is quite extensive. Obvious words like sit and stay but other sentences in which she pricks up her ears and reacts. It is not possible for one of us to spell out 'a w.a.l.k.?' or 't.r.e.a.t.' any longer because she simply gets up and runs to the front door or kitchen. She understands 'this way' at the fork of a path and will change direction, 'we're going back now Bess' and she turns in her tracks, 'are you coming in the car avec moi?' (I have no idea why I use French here!) and she runs around wildly picking up her squeaky toys to denote approval. She will either take herself off to her bed when she thinks we're staying up too late or will lie at my feet as I sit at my computer long after George is asleep. As soon as I say 'Let's go to bed Bess' she runs ahead of me and is there waiting for her final tummy rub when I (finally) get there. You can imagine that she is not going to be the only one who misses all this interaction while we are gone!

Today is a 'car' day for me and so the world opens up. What errands do I have? What chores? George cycles to the university and I'm on the loose. What is Tammy up to? Where is Liz? Is Nora 'busy' as usual? Jo will be working and rehearsing as her opening night on Thursday draws near. Had 5 tubes of blood taken yesterday at Family Practice so that's done....fingers crossed for those results! Dr Stevenson told me in a phone message that he doesn't anticipate that I shall not be able to go on the trip....that's a great relief....but how does he know?! Butterflies!

Enoug waffling from Dundas when you're all waiting for exotic stories of sea storms and Morocco or Africa. Time is flying by....departure date will come all too soon.

1 comment: