Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Email from my dog Bess

Or how to feel better about leaving our dog! THANK YOU SHEILA! (Sheila is my 'oldest' friend in Canada...we did our nursing training together in Edinburgh...it's OK Sheila, I won't tell them when... suffice to say there have been a few medical breakthroughs since then!) Below is an epistle from our brilliant wee dug....so Bess is esconsed in a lovely big house in Toronto, with a huge and beautiful garden, a long suffering and tolerant companion called Lady (o.d.)and a loving mistress called Sheila or o.l.


Dear Mum And Dad,

I am not sure if I should be using this address but if I dont hear otherwise from you I will continue to write to u using it.

Well I looked for you after u left me at this old house but the old lady(well she calls herself that???) cuddled me and told me you were away on a cruise and I was to be with her until you returned. She actually gives me lots of cuddles which is good but of course it's not as good as yours.

An old dog lives here and she is friendly, she allows me to rest on her BIG bed while she tries to fit into my little one. The old lady (from now on when I elude to her or the dog I will write o.l. or o.d.) says she will send you some photographs when she learns how. You would think by her age she would know how to do everything!

We go for walks in the park and I run like mad and speak to all the other dogs large and small. It is quite fun running in and out to the garden especially when it rains as I leave lots of paw marks although mine are much daintier than the o.ds.

As it turned out dogs were not allowed at the cottage (o.l. didnt read small print!! perhaps she couldn't find her "specs" as she calls them she is always on the wander loooking for them and even when they are in front of her eyes she cant see them)
However a lady with a little girl(I liked her she gave me a treat) came and stayed with us I was happy as the o.d. was still with me.
She took us for walks but was afraid we would run away so we were on lead at all times.

I am eating well but not quite on my old schedule. O.d. is fed twice a day and as I don't always eat my food when given the o.d. has the nerve to eat what I dont. If she were a bit smaller I would give her a piece of my mind.
O.l. keeps a little of my breakfast and I eat it at supper. Believe me I eat it all very very quickly and then I rush to see if the o.d. has left any she does the same so we pass each other en route.

I sat on a beast the other day and it was very painful. O.l. quickly lifted me up as I was crying but she couldn't see anything, she said she thought it must have been a wasp.
I sat on her knee for a l---------o-------n--------g time and I got lots of xxxxxx.Ialso got a treat. But you know what pissed me off? The o.d. also got a treat and she wasn't even outside when thet beast stung. Do you think I should complain to the animal cruelty people or will you do it for me when you come back.

To-day is the Air Show and the noise is awful. But the O.L. tells me she loves to hear and see the old planes. Apparently she was (seems still is) in luv with a guy who was a Navigator when the WAR was on.

WEll o.l. has read your "Blog" and wishes she could be with you as it all sounds so exciting.
Anyway she can wish all she likes as it is more important she looks after me and o.d.

By the way you might like to know I go to sleep in my own big bed in o.l. room, b.d. is on the bed (very unfair) so I have worked out if I make squeaky noises when the sun comes up O.L. pats the bed and I can cuddle in beside her. O.d.is still sound asleep so she has no idea what is going on ha ha ha.

Fondest luv to you both, I will write soon again.
The o.l. says her spelling is not always too good so please forgive. If she had any sense she would ask me as I come from a highly intelligent home.!

xxxxxxxxxxx, Your loving doggy Bessie


Oh my goodnes 7 planes have just flown overhead in perfect formation. Clever guys. B. B

No comments:

Post a Comment