Friday, September 2, 2011

Ho hum

2nd September

I am looking forward to having something exciting to say on my next post...post Morocco. Life on board, whilst exciting and interesting for each of us (and possibly ex-SAS followers), must seem repetitive, as indeed it is in many ways, to all of you. There are lots of tiny moments on board which I relish though, and I think I must remember to mention this on my blog....when I sit down to write though they have apparently been too miniscule to remember!

We have Evelyn Hannon the Editor of Journeywoman on board. She was the reason I first heard about Semester at Sea because....she wrote a blog! George and I met her in Toronto for lunch and to get advice before we left on our first voyage in 2009. She is a delight! With a huge sense of humour and telling wonderfully funny stories especialy about her grandchildren. We shall miss her and Brenda when they both fly home to Toronto from Cape Town. Brenda had tried to get on to a much more convenient flight (which Evelyn is on) but ran into the demand for a whole lot more money although she was prepared to pay the difference in price of course. Soooo..Evelyn has made this public on Twitter and has received very helpful replies from the company responsible. Brenda may get on the flight after all because they have asked that she contact them....keep your fingers crossed.

The three of us (G., Brenda and I) have been sitting in our cabin listening/watching on TV to the Logistical pre-port which is going on right now in the Union. So much more comfortable up here. Just ran down and puchased a bottle of Pepto Bismal tablets. Can't believe I forgot to bring them. As SAS-ers will remember the talks are full of do's and don'ts at least three times over. As we know some people still don't get it!

Trying to finalise the trip I am hoping Brenda and I will be doing in Ghana. Just discovered that our only option for payment at this point is to pay the driver cash (over US$1000.00 for the 2c of us!)because Ghana has been taken off the approved list for Credit Cards...help! We are trying to figure out how to achieve this with George saying in the background 'Well I wouldn't go'....we're digging our heels in at the moment. We shall see! Who is your money on?!

Brenda has departed to her cabin with strict instructions from us and the Captain to be in bed or sitting down when, at about 7 am, we enter the Casablanca harbour. I know from experience of being thrown across the cabin with the TV and my chair and ending up black and blue that this is information is to be taken seriously. It is a narrow and rather hazardous entry point. Once we're in we shall meet at our usual 7.30 am for breakfast before she leaves for Marrakesh, the Atlas mountains and Berber villages at 10 am. G. and I wil be exploring Casablanca which we haven't done until we leave for Fez the following day.

So Kwa Heri and Go Well. George is already in bed waiting to read Railway stories to me....it's like being a child again, I LOVE being read to. In honour of Frenchspeaking \morocco..Bonsoir mes amis! Dormez bien! (in 5 hours time when you retire.)

No comments:

Post a Comment