Tuesday, August 16, 2011

3 Days to go until Voyage #3

August 16th

Yesterday I made the biggest boo boo of my career. You all know about George's difficulty in getting our Indian double entry visas. Well at last they are ready for pick up. Yesterday on FB Corika (from Explorer beauty spa) whote that she wished all her Indian friends 'Happy Independence Day!" Thanks for the reminder I commented as an Indian born myself, and remembering my parents being in Calcutta on that turbulent day so many years ago. Off George went to Toronto. Well, I rushed around all day getting last minute stuff done, preparing for my friend Jo's big birthday celebration with the network last night for which I had last minute wrapping to do, attempting not to break the crystal punch bowl I had bought for her. I walked Bess and tore round to Mole End to pick Jo up and drive her to the magnificent Mandarin in Burlington to meet Nora, Liz and Audrey. After a truly wonderful evening of great food and greater company I dropped Jo off and returned home.

George was back looking quite tired and not in particularly high spirits. Everything go OK? I asked, 'Guess what day it is today?' he said and as he said it the light (finally) went on....OMG it's Indian Independence Day! I said, 'YOU KNEW?!' Um...um...well.. Corika put it on FB this morning I said...in a very low voice. Give him his due George said very little....which is worse, much worse than the alternative.

Seriously how stupid can one be? Don't answer.

George is going back to pick up our Indian visas today. It's pretty quiet in our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment