Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday 1st August - less than 3 weeks to go!

Oops just realised how fast time is going by...it is 11.20 am and I'm still in my nightie and in denial! Ah well it's a public holiday and George is out playing tennis until noon so I still have time to shower and dress and look efficient before he walks in!

Usually I have some idea of what I'm taking; usually we have all our visas by now; usually I am excited and full of energy....what's happened this time? I feel as though there's lead in my shoes or I'm in one of those dreams where you're attempting to walk through thick mud and can't make headway. Have no idea why.

I did manage to arrange and book our tour to see the Terracotta Warriers in Xian, China. This has been a dream of mine for some time. Found a Chinese travel agency and she has booked our flight out of Hong Kong to Xi'an, 2 nights in a hotel there (which looks good) and we go down to Shanghai to rejoin the ship on the train...which is wonderful as we both love train travel. We have a "soft sleeper" and she has warned us that the train toilet is a 'squatter' with no toilet paper(!)
For anyone who might be interested I can give the agency details...they are good! (About $250.00 cheaper PP than the SAS trip).

Also, going backwards, found a Ghanaian travel agency who will book us (Brenda and me) a car and driver who will take us up to Kumasi, two night stay in the Lake Bosomtwe Paradise resort (which has a/c and great reviews), then on to Akosombo dam and a one night stay there before driving back to Tema to join the ship. I have decided to delay booking that tour until I make sure no one on the Explorer would like to join us...which would bering the price down. Mimi agrees (travel agent) and will mention the tour to anyone who enquires.

Having lunch today with eldest daughter Sheona...just had phone call from middle daughter Tessa, (whom I had thought I wouldn't be seeing before we leave), and they are coming down from Sudbury for an overnight on Friday (yeah!!), youngest daughter Fiona and grandson Bryn coming for a swim this afternoon so things are picking up

Off to shower and dress....finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment