Wednesday, August 10, 2011

FB

Have just put the address for this blog on Face Book....never done that before. So many people disapprove of FB among family and friends but I have loved keeping up with people I've met on the previous two Semester at Sea voyages. As a result I can keep George informed about his friends...he is one of the sooth sayers!

For some reason I'm feeling much more relaxed about leaving. We're having such great farewell get-togethers with friends and after all we shall be home before Christmas. I do wish I could explain all that to Bess!

Today we're driving up to Toronto with her to Sheila's home for the first time so that she can meet Lady, Sheila's 'rescue' dog, who hates people (except Sheila) but loves other dogs. So my fingers are crossed hard for a beautiful relationship to develop between Bess and Lady and that they will live happily together for the next four months. We drop her off there for the duration a week today. We know Bess loves Sheila...she demonstrates that whenever she comes to visit. Sheila and I trained together in Edinburgh many years ago, although neither of us appreciate being described as "my oldest friend in Canada"! But there is no better description...it has been a long, long time!

Off to watch the BBC news which fills me with horror but after reading George Alagiah's book "Home from Home", his story and the story of the Immmigrant experience in Britain, particularly England, I am not surprised. The gap between traditional 'Englishmen/women' and the majority of immigrants is huge. "Never the twain shall meet" applies in many urban areas.

Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment